14 November 2012

Moving In A Positive Direction

Well, at least I thought I was. There have been lots of dreams and ideas tossed around. How can we help our community with the gifts that we have. The idea was to open a thrift store. Last summer I spent countless hours, days and weeks, researching the viability of such an endeavor. The idea was not approved. I don't even know if it was fully discussed by the decision makers and that hurts. I gave it a year, never heard anything, and took that as a no. When I asked for the paperwork back, it was no where to be found. I am not worried about the paperwork...but I am a little shocked that out of courtesy the project was not taken seriously. I prayed long and hard about accepting this. One challenge is that 2 new thrift stores opened in the same general area that we had planned. Interesting that I was not the only one with the idea. The problem is that we would have opened before them and that is a difficult pill to swallow. This dream has been crushed and we are finding it difficult to sell some of the fixtures we purchased.

As you read in a previous post, I was excited about lots of ministry opportunities. They were coming fast and furious and it was exciting. Things did not unfold the way we thought and I am left somewhat baffled. Time will reveal more of God's plan. This I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment