23 November 2011

Word Tears

     I'll be serving at the Rescue Mission today. They are expecting hundreds of less fortunate people to come for a meal, during a three hour period. Lots of work preparing and cleaning after. Previously, I have helped behind the scenes at the Mission, assisting the leadership in various ways. That has been a sacrifice of time, gifts, and talents. This will be a new sacrifice, encountering God's people, and serving face to face. It's kind of a big deal to me, because I like hidden service. It's my area of comfort.
     Years ago, I had an encounter that left me deciding between a ministry on Skid Row, or getting married. I cried for three days, so wanting to empty myself and do the will of God. When you seek, you find, and I found my path through marriage. I hope to have another encounter today, the kind that brings me to my knees, asking the Lord to purge me from all of my selfishness and lack of gratitude. I hope He reveals all that is hidden.
     UPDATE: 500 people were fed. It was amazingly smooth. I was put behind the scenes, in the kitchen. I enjoyed learning the process. More hidden service:)

No comments:

Post a Comment